Call for Submissions: 2019-2020 Programming Season | Vitrine Projects
Deadline for submissions: November 9, 2019.
The Union Gallery invites proposals for exhibitions in the Vitrine Project space located just outside the gallery. We are seeking submissions from undergraduate and graduate student artists and curators, as well as local professional artists.
In keeping with the gallery mandate, the project proposals should reflect on contemporary visual and interdisciplinary art and art practices. Please visit the archives on our website to view previous exhibits.
You may also propose an alternative use for the space.
Please keep in mind the limited space of the vitrine. Approximate dimensions of usable interior space:
Height: 105 cm (41 in.)
Width: 89 cm (35 in.)
Shelf depth: 5.5 cm (2.25 in.) – 6 shelves; shelf height: 26.7cm (10.5 in.)
1. Proposal description/concept – 1 page maximum. Clearly describe the proposed exhibition or project. Please submit as a pdf. Note: if you would like to discuss your project before applying please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Artist/curator statement – 100-250 words.
3. Artist bio – between 50-100 words.
4. If applicable, please attach a list of supporting materials and/or images.
5. Submit above materials to email@example.com (ATTN: Jocelyn Purdie).
Please note: While the vitrine is locked, there is no security in the foyer area, which is open 24 hours. Projects are not insured by the gallery. CARFAC fees are not available for this space.
For more information and other calls for submissions, visit: https://uniongallery.queensu.ca/currentPrograms/submissions/submissions.html
UNION GALLERY 1st Floor Stauffer Library, Queen’s University, Kingston, ON K7L 5C4 | 613-533-3171
firstname.lastname@example.org | http://uniongallery.queensu.ca
Tuesday, Thursday-Saturday 11-4:30; Wednesday 11-8pm