18apr10:00 am1:00 pmModern Punch Needle WorkshopPunch Needle is an easy and addictive method of rug hooking!Discipline:Craft,Visual ArtsType of event:Arts Workshop / ClassEvent details:Accessible venue
Punch Needle is an easy and addictive method of rug hooking! Using colour, composition and texture this traditional fibre medium is back with
Punch Needle is an easy and addictive method of rug hooking! Using colour, composition and texture this traditional fibre medium is back with a modern twist. In this comprehensive Punch Needle workshop, with Danielle Folkerts, you will broaden your creative tool kit and discover all the materials, techniques, and resources needed to get started and create your own work of punch needle art!
You will learn how to create your own design, use a template, and transfer a pattern. You will learn how to thread and use a punch needle tool, work with colour and texture, and discover various techniques and tips to create a unique piece. Dive into materials, learn where to buy supplies, and uncover your creative style through an in-depth personal inspiration questionnaire! Danielle will show you how to troubleshoot any arising issues, and how to finish off your piece in a clean and professional way.
The class fee includes:
– Pattern Template – Prairie Scene (Optional to use)
– Create your own Pattern Template (You can choose your own image)
– Foundation Cloth
– 5” Embroidery Hoop
– The Travelling Artisan Punch Needle Guide
– The Travelling Artisan Materials & Where to Shop Guide
– Yarn to complete the project
– Glossary & Resource Guide
– Find Your Inspiration/Style Quiz
* Punch needles are borrowed during the workshop and may be purchased at the end of the class. Additional materials are provided to help complete your final project.
* I am now an official rep for Amy Oxford Punch Needles! Amy Oxford Punch Needles and Kits are available for purchase at the class. Cash only. ATM’s are available on-site. Contact Danielle for details. www.daniellefolkerts.com/about
When: Saturday, April 18th, 2020 10 AM – 1 PM – please arrive 5 minutes early.
Where: Activity Room, 1st Floor, Room 108
Tett Centre for Creativity & Learning, 370 King Street West
(Enter the front lobby. Walk down to the bottom level. You will find the studio on the 1st Floor.)
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Tett Centre for Creativity and Learning
370 King St W, Malting Tower, Kingston, ON K7L 2X4