10aug(aug 10)9:00 am14(aug 14)4:00 pmArts at the Tett Summer CampArts at the Tett Summer Camp is officially here! Join us this summer for an unforgettable week of art-making and fun.Discipline:Craft,Multidisciplinary,Music,Performing Arts,Visual ArtsType of event:Arts Workshop / ClassEvent details:Accessible venue
Embrace your inner-artist this summer! The Tett Centre for Creativity & Learning is delighted to offer an immersive 1-week summer
Embrace your inner-artist this summer! The Tett Centre for Creativity & Learning is delighted to offer an immersive 1-week summer program for kids ages 8-13 years old, in our arts-enriched, heritage building on Kingston’s waterfront.
The program is a fantastic opportunity to discover new mediums, build confidence, and find new ways of problem solving. Participants have the ability to explore a variety of art-forms including: metal rocks, pottery, weaving, felting, movement, liquid glass pouring, drumming, hand-stitching, improv, printmaking, puppetry, sculpture, and more, while engaging with local artists, community volunteers, and arts organizations who lend their expertise and resources on-site.
Our dynamic schedule provides 45 young artists, in 5 groups of 9, a diverse arts experience unlike any other in the city. On the last day, we proudly showcase all artworks made during a special open house for families and friends.
Arts at the Tett Summer Camp runs from 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday, August 10th through Friday, August 14th, 2020.
We want to thank our community partners: The Kingston Potters’ Guild, The Kingston Lapidary & Mineral Club, The Handloom Weavers and Spinners, Glocca Morra Studios, Ollin.ca, Bethany Garner, Movement Market Kingston, Kylie Meyerman, Christina Maclachlan, Emberly Doherty and The Joe Chithalen Memorial Musical Instrument Lending Library.
To enroll your child, please purchase tickets online and fill-out the Arts at the Tett Registration Form via Eventbrite. Full payment is due at the time of registration. Please note, payments must be made online, we are not accepting registration in the office. Thank you.
Registration ends on Friday, July 10th, 2020 at 5:00pm. Spots are limited, register early!
- All art materials are included.
- Campers receive a t-shirt and certificate.
- Drop-off is between 8:30am-8:55am, and pick-up is between 4:00pm-4:15pm.
- Pick-up & Drop-off: Rehearsal Hall, 2nd Floor, Room 203
- Please prepare and pack an adequate lunch, snacks and water/juice for your child.
- Participants should dress for mess. Please bring runners and comfy cloths to move in.
- Please bring suitable outdoor gear (hat, sunscreen etc). Students may play outside at lunch, weather permitting, with supervision.
- We do not provide additional child-care before or after the camp.
- Each class provides 1-2 instructors. Each group of 9 students includes 1-2 volunteers.
- Please inform us if your child will be bringing a helper to accommodate any special needs. We welcome grandparents, parents and support workers to assist their children during our program.
- Please ensure to sign-in and sign-out each day. Thank you!
Sign up for comprehensive updates on upcoming creative workshops, events and opportunities. www.tettcentre.org/subscribe
Interested in being a Camp Counsellor this summer? Join us for Arts at the Tett Summer Camp!
Please contact email@example.com for more information. Volunteers must have a valid CPIC.
The Tett Centre for Creativity and Learning is a Not-for-Profit, charitable organization that operates an historic city-owned building on Kingston’s waterfront. We provide professionally equipped and affordable space to artists and arts organizations for artistic creation.
We are home to nine tenant arts organizations, eight resident artist studios, and four multi-use rentable public spaces. We are a dynamic arts hub that coordinates and creates high-quality, accessible, arts-focused programming for all levels of artistic abilities and experience.
As a unique cultural landmark for Kingston residents and area visitors, we enhance learning and public participation in the arts.
For more information visit www.tettcentre.org. If you have additional questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 343-266-0009 ext 3090. Thank you.
10 (Monday) 9:00 am - 14 (Friday) 4:00 pm
Tett Centre for Creativity and Learning
370 King St W, Malting Tower, Kingston, ON K7L 2X4